Deputy Head Housekeeper
Managing a large team of Supervisors and Housekeepers, you will be responsible for the servicing, maintaining and delivery of the correct standards in guest bedrooms and public areas at the 152 bedroom Holiday Inn Telford-Ironbridge and also providing cover when required at The International Hotel, Telford.
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position. Shift times vary between 6.30am and 4.30pm, with very occasional additional hours up to 9pm on an ad hoc basis and includes weekends and Bank Holidays on a rotational basis.
- Auditing standards of cleaning
- Ensuring the department complies with Holiday Inn brand standards
- Ensuring the linen room is efficiently run
- Effective management of Housekeeping staff rotas/costs/time sheets
- Dealing with Customer feedback
- Recruitment, selection and development of staff
- Planning and running staff meetings
- Instilling a culture of proactive Health and Safety
- Carrying out hotel Duty Management shifts to support the wider team
- People management skills and experience in supervising/managing a large multi-cultural team
- Cleaning/housekeeping experience in a large (50 plus) bedroom hotel
- Working within a specification to maintain high standards
- Computer literate/able to create and maintain spreadsheets
- Experience working with financial and manpower data
- Proficient in managing Risk, COSHH and Health & Safety
- Experienced in providing financial data to Payroll and in cost control
- Experienced in ordering and stock control of products and equipment
- Competent in managing, training and developing staff
Delivering excellent customer service is essential in the Hospitality & Events Industry. Our clients expect the highest levels of standards, and that is what we deliver. With no two days ever the same, we are looking for motivated people who enjoy a challenge and are passionate about being the best in their field. Holiday Inn Telford-Ironbridge is part of Southwater Event Group which also has a conference/exhibition centre, 2 further hotels and an events production company.
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application, you may assume you have not been selected for interview. Due to the volume of applications we receive, a letter of regret will not be sent to you.
To apply please send your cv and a covering letter, detailing your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org